Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Co-Sleeping Mama

Co-Sleeping

Ok, so I am a co-sleeping mama and I love it! BUT since my youngest was born we have been sleeping with both her and lil J in our bed and although it is a king size, it’s not nearly big enough for the four of us. It’s totally unfair for me because I always end up with one leg hanging off the bed while everyone else is laid out however they please. SO, this past weekend I made my hubby set up the convertible crib (which none of my kids really used) into a toddler bed; from the beginning we told lil J that this was going to be his big boy bed and if he didn’t want it we could give it to his baby sister , well that always works because he hates to give her anything! The first night, he was ok until we turned off all the lights and then he was like “ok the games over mom, scoot over”; so last night we decided to wait until he fell asleep to turn off the lights and sure enough he fell asleep. Unfortunately, when he woke up to go potty during the night he got scared and wanted to come into our bed which was ok with me because we are making some kind of progress right? I'm hoping that each night gets better so that eventually we can switch him to his bedroom and transition the baby into the convertible crib (wishful thinking?). I LOVE sleeping with my babies, it gives me peace of mind and I think it helps me bond with them more, especially since I work outside the home but my oldest 2 slept with us until they were 4-5 years old and I definitely don’t want that to happen again!

No comments: