Sunday, January 11, 2009

Graduate School

Every day I think I am doing too much by trying to obtain a graduate degree, hence my blog introduction saying I want it all without sacrifices??? I'm not sure that is possible but I will keep trying as long I don't compromise too much of my family time; how much is too much? I don't know but I think (hope) I will know when it happens. I obtained my undergraduate degree in Business in 2004 and I began working on my graduate degree in January of 2007 but have had breaks and changes of degree in between so it is taking me far longer than I anticipated. This semester I will be taking 2 courses, Introduction to English Language and Medieval Literature but have promised myself that if I stress too much or the courses take up more time than anticipated I will just drop. I would usually freak out by the thought of failing or dropping a course but with time I have learned that I cannot do everything and its OK if I have to retake a course. Depending on how I do this semester, I will decide if I want to continue with my graduate degree, it is not worth neglecting my family or loosing my mind!

No comments: